- Mulch Conserves Moisture in Soil. Evaporation can quickly steal essential moisture from bare, unprotected garden beds. However, a well-mulched garden can retain water in the soil to nurture flowers, herbs, vegetables and other desirable plants.
- Mulch Minimizes Soil Compaction. Unmulched gardens can suffer from compacted soil, particularly with repeated watering and weather-related evaporation. However, many organic mulches appeal to earthworms, which can burrow through soil to add aeration and healthy dirt density for plants.
- Mulch Adds Weed Control. Mulch helps to hold back the growth of unwanted vegetation in a garden bed by blocking the sunlight from sprouting weeds. In addition, a generous application of mulch can fill the empty spaces in a garden, discouraging wind-borne weeds from taking root.
- Mulch Prevents Erosion. Most mulch adds texture and stability to garden soils, keeping erosion to a minimum, even in heavy rains or winds.
- Mulch Enhances Plant Nutrition. Organic mulches (such as plant matter and wood mulches) even add nutritional value to the soil as they decompose naturally. Many of these biodegradable mulch materials contain essential minerals and other important components to nurture garden plants.
- Mulch Protects Plants in Seasonal Changes. In regions with varying climates, garden mulch can guard plants and their roots from baking in hot weather and from freezing in colder conditions. Mulch also shields garden plantings' roots from direct exposure to the elements, such as hard rains, scorching sunshine and harsh winds.
- Mulch Improves the Garden's Overall Appearance. Finally, most garden mulches greatly enhance the look of garden plantings. For this reason, professional gardeners and landscapers nearly always finish their work with garden mulch. Even sparsely planted gardens look polished with liberal mulching.
12-20mm Pine Bark is resistant to the elements. 12-20mm Pine Bark is Red/ brown in colour and is a favourite material for its general appearance.
Eucey Mulch has a product particle range of material 1mm to 8mm, average size 6mm to 10mm. Eucey Mulch is a combination of wood materials, which have been tub-ground, and organic matter. Eucey Mulch is dark in appearance and gives a great natural organic look to all garden beds.
Organic Mulch is a composted organic product, using a controlled batch composting technique, with added nitrogen.
The Organic Mulch has a PH of approximately 6.9 and is dark grey to black in appearance. Organic Mulch is great for increasing the level of organic matter in the soil, which in turn improves moisture retention, reduces soil erosion and gives slow release of nutrients into the soil.
Washed sand is surface mined, screened and washed to remove silt and clay, then allowed to drain. It is typically a light buff color, almost off-white.
Washed sand is a finely graded sand and can be used to topdress golf course greens, and as a base for laying bricks and pavers .
As the name implies this is the preferred sand of bricklayers. It has a clay component, up to 30 per cent by weight that makes it sticky. When blended with cement and lime to make mortar, the resulting mix is termed ‘fatty’, which means it is easy to work when laying bricks, as it is compressible and oozes out of the joints. .
Description : Brickie’s sand has a slightly sticky look and feel when damp and forms lumps when dry. It can leave colour on hands or clothes due to its clay content.
Uses: A major component of brick- and block-laying mortar and bagging for walls. It’s available in yellow and white to allow for different mortar colours..
Other names: Fatty sand, Brick sand, Brickie’s loam.
Packing Sand offers high compaction and build capacity and is easy to spread with good water resistance because of it’s uniuque matrix.
This product will provide consistent high quality results when used under concrete slabs as a base.
Generally sandy in composition this soil will meet domestic and commercial needs.
This soil is ideal for instant and seeded lawn applications.
This is a blend of sandy loam and organic compost. It is ideal for all gardens, including vegetable gardens.